About the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) is a government approved tenancy deposit protection scheme in England and Wales operated by The Dispute Service Ltd.
The Housing Act 2004 requires landlords and letting agents to protect deposits on assured shorthold tenancies in a scheme such as ours. We provide insurance backed tenancy deposit protection with free, impartial dispute resolution for when disagreements arise over how the money is divided.
TDS is the only not for profit scheme, and we use our surpluses to continue improving our already multi-award winning service. Our awards and certifications include;
- Investor in People
- Government Standard for Customer Service Excellence
- BSi Certification: Complaints Management System ISO 10002:2004
- Landlord and Letting Awards 2014: Public Service/Not for Profit - Finalist
- Landlord and Letting Awards 2014: Customer Service - Finalist
- PropertyDrum Awards 2012: Tenancy Deposit Services - Winner
- Landlord and Letting Awards 2012: Customer Service Highly - Commended
- Negotiator Awards 2014: Supplier of the Year (Services) - Shortlisted
Want to know more? The Dispute Service Ltd produces an annual report each year as well as a variety of publications on tenancy deposit protection - click here to read more.
Protecting deposits in Scotland
The Dispute Service provides operational services for SafeDeposits Scotland Ltd, which is a custodial tenancy deposit scheme. To protect deposits in Scotland click here to visit their website.
Protecting deposits in Northern Ireland
The Dispute Service operates Tenancy Deposit Scheme Northern Ireland Ltd, which offers both custodial and insurance based schemes. To protect deposits in Northern Ireland click here to visit their website.