The Dispute Service (TDS) operates a number of statutory tenancy deposits schemes across the UK (Tenancy Deposit Scheme in England & Wales, SafeDeposits Scotland and TDS Northern Ireland) and Tenancy Redress and Ombudsman services.
The Project Manager and Business Analyst is a hybrid role that may require acting in one or both capacities.
The Business Analyst role involves working with the business to gather and define requirements; translating requirements from business speak into user stories and specifications; developing acceptance criteria that ensures we meet business requirements, objectives, and outcomes.
The Project Manager role involves initiating, controlling, and delivering projects on time and to budget whilst following the agreed project management methodology. The role includes taking full ownership of the technical and process requirements of each project in order to deliver the stated business objectives. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants as well as other employees and stakeholders.
No job description can cover every issue that might arise, and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, broadly consistent with those listed below.
• Work with the Head of Change and Business Improvement and Director of Technology to deliver business improvements and projects.
• Investigative work to determine business opportunities, identifying improvements in information systems and data management. You will use business experience and skills to assess and advise on the practicability of alternatives, marrying up technical limitations with operational realities.
• Use a creative and innovative approach to problem solving whilst maximising the use of available systems and resources. Think laterally in order to optimise the future proofing of the solutions implemented. Take responsibility for system design, implementation, test and technical sign-off.
• Investigate and document business processes and functional requirements, including feasibility studies, using recognised modelling techniques and methodologies.
• Developing conceptual designs including wireframes and wireflows.
• Define and capture project requirements, acceptance criteria, scope, objectives and deliverables that support business goals whilst working in full collaboration with staff and all stakeholders. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and delivery using appropriate tools, ensuring that projects are controlled and managed effectively.
• Estimate the resources and staff needed to achieve project goals. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end, including identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, presentations, training, and facilitate workshops.
• Help conduct QA testing of solutions and products before rolling out solutions to UAT. Create test plans, scenarios, and test records and coordinate UAT
• Ensure all technical project documentation is completed as required before sign-off and is stored and managed appropriately.
• To be professional and conduct yourself with integrity at all times.
• To prepare, or assist in the preparation, of change request documents in line with TDS’ ISO27000 procedures.
1. Candidates should be able to demonstrate directly relevant experience such as below:
• Solid experience as a Business Analyst and delivering projects (at least 2 years’ experience)
• Strong background in customer experience/ customer journeys, etc. is required
• Strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for solving interesting problems
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to work successfully in a team
• Analytical mind with proven data collection and analysis skills
• High levels of rigour and excellent attention to detail
• Ability to translate objectives and outcomes into manageable steps/actions
• Ability to prioritise tasks and/or conflicting demands effectively and execute them in a high-pressure environment in which working on one’s own initiative is essential
• Ability to draft reports and compose effective business correspondence
• Knowledge of planning and/or project management processes, principles, and techniques
• Technical competence in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Professional demeanour and discretion
• Willing to be flexible, travel and work out of office hours where necessary
• Ability to promote an equitable, respectful and positive work environment
The following experience is desirable:
• A qualification or industry-standard accreditation in a structured project management methodology or technique.
• A qualification or industry-standard accreditation in Business Analysis.
• Understanding and experience of system development life cycles (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
• Understanding of, and preferably experience of an ecommerce environment which is process driven but has a large back-office environment
• Experience with case management/helpdesk software
• Educated to minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with strong proven academic performance;
2. Equal Opportunities
a) Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities in relation to the work of The Dispute Service Ltd.
3. Required behaviour and attitude
Applicants must be able to:
• demonstrate an affinity for excellent Customer Service.
• handle a range of different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload.
• demonstrate common sense and good judgement.
• have a flexible attitude to work.
• work unsupervised.
• identify with the aims and objectives of The Dispute Service.
• demonstrate an affinity for customer excellence.
• recognise the importance of fairness in all of our work.
• demonstrate how they are making a difference in the work that they do.
• is able to articulate the importance of teamwork.
If you think you are suitable for the role, please send your CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, to: